♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Strawberry and Chocolate hand pie

Assalamu'alaikum....... Merhaba from Turkey..

It's late post.... actually I made this few days ago but since early Ramadhan day 1 I've been busy with things around the house. And like many other time in Ramadhan I have a little less sleep. And thanks God this Ramadhan in summer time the weather is so friendly... so many rain... air is so fresh with bit of windy sometimes... It's really helpful to keep my energy still fresh during day light.

Today's post is simply easy strawberry with chocolate hand pie. It's so simple, quick, easy yet double yummy. Serve it with vanilla ice cream or simple whipped cream will be more delish. But I serve it with Kaymak, it's a creamy dairy product similar to clotted cream, made from the milk of water buffalos, cows, sheep, or goats
Mostly recipe I googling around is directly put fresh strawberry over the pastry dough but as my own experiences with fresh fruity pie, it will end up with wet and messy looking pie. Yes.. some people okay with that.. But this time I want my pie looks pretty as I bought from patisserie (*_*)... So I bake my strawberry before filling it to the dough. The result is so nice and yummy in taste yet pretty good looking hand pie...

What you need:
  • Strawberry, halved
  • caster sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla essence
Toss all ingredients above and put into heat proof bowl or pan and put into 180 deg C pre heat oven for few minutes just until strawberry get wilted and sugar melted & caramelized. Cool into room temperature.

You also need:
  • some pastry dough, cut into 10 cm square. You can use store bought or make it from this recipe
  • chocolate chips
  • coarse brown sugar (or use demerara/ turbinado sugar)
  • egg wash
How to:
  1. Line your baking tray with some parchment paper. Fill each pastry sheet with baked strawberry and add some chocolate chips. Fold it into triangle shape and push the edge to lock, you can do it with fork.
  2. Keep in fridge for about 15~30 minute until they are firm. 
  3. Pre heat your oven to 180~190 deg C. Brush the pie wit egg wash and sprinkle with demerara/ coarse brown sugar and bake to the oven for about 30 ~40 minutes or until they are puff up and golden on the surface.





loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected