♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Cacık (Turkish style yogurt cucumber salad)

Cacık (read: Jajeek) is a dish made of seasoned yogurt mix with some vegetable such as cucumber, mint leaf or dill, olive oil, and garlic. Other variant people use purslane  (turk: semizotu). Some recipe use thick yogurt without dilute it and serve as meze (appetizer or side dish).
But mostly in my family I make it from dilute yogurt and we eat it as cold soup. It's just so refreshing and yet healthy in this summer time.

To make it is so easy and almost no effort and quick! All you have to do is just preparing all your ingredients near you then you go....

Cacık (Turkish style yogurt cucumber salad) | Çitra's Home Diary. #turkishfoodrecipe #yogurt #cacık #healthyfood #sidedish
So here I share my daily recipe how to make this healthy dish.

Ingredients:
  • yogurt about 2 cup
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • salt to taste (about 1 tsp)
  • some nice glug of olive oil
  • 1 big or 2 medium cucumber, roughly shredded or small cubed
  • a handful of fresh mint leaf, finely chopped

Cacık (Turkish style yogurt cucumber salad) | Çitra's Home Diary. #turkishfoodrecipe #yogurt #cacık #healthyfood #sidedish

How to make:
Crushed garlic with salt to make a paste. Mix with yogurt. If you want to serve as meze, no need to add water to your garlic yogurt. Just mix in all other ingredients then stir well.

For making "soup" like mine, add water gradually, you can stop if you reach the desire consistency. I don't like too watery but not really thick as meze either. Mix in cucumber (or purslane), chopped mint leaf (and chopped dill if you use), Stir well to combine. 

Serve immediately with a sprinkle of olive oil and garnish with a mint leaf.

You can serve this Cacık with other meal like börek (Turkish pastry), turkish pilaf, kebab, köfte  and more.

Afiyet Olsun.


loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected