♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Rose Flavor Swiss Roll Cake / Bolu gulung Mawar


Hai everybody..... Merhaba.
It's nice weekend today. Yes, even temperature outside still around 10 or 15 Celsius but sun so bright and cloud. Just hoping spring will come soon ^,^
Last two days ago I got migraines :( . Migraine is a condition that causes attacks (episodes) of headaches. Other symptoms such as feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting) are also common. Between migraine attacks, the symptoms go completely.

Very rarely I get it since last year, it was very disturbing  and annoying you know since I have active kid who needs me all day long, so I couldn't really rest. I didn't want to consume any painkiller or any drug whatsoever. I just drank warm milk with honey and ginger cause I think it was just because "period thing" ... I need to keep my body warm and relax, that's all... Hope I will not get it so often.


Well, Alhamdulillah today I feel better and what's make me more vibrant is sunny day !(^,^) So before going out to park with my kid, I try to make something for tonight dessert. Then I'm thinking to make swiss roll cause some FB friends have something like cooking/ baking together event with 'pink roll cake theme'... so why don't I join that also.... so voalllaa.. I make this Swiss Roll Cake with Rose flavor. I use rose aroma drop which very common to use here in any turkish dessert. For filling I use rose jam and whipped cream. If you want to use this recipe of course you can vary the rose flavor and jam with other flavor you like.

For the roll cake I go with the recipe I got here but with minor adjustments. The recipe itself is using a plain vanilla flavor. I like the recipe and I think I want to try it again. I only make half recipe due to I lack of eggs!!! 😁... it's the weekend and I didn't go to market yet to shop our necessities which is I will do after it :D


And here I write the original recipe with my own minor adjustment.
Ingredients:
  • 4 egg white → I use 2 egg white
  • 4  egg yolk → 2 egg yolks
  • 80 gm. caster sugar→ I use 45 gr powdered sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla essence → I use 1/4 tsp rose aroma drop plus few drop pink color gel
  • 100 gm. cake flour → me, 45 gr all purpose + 5 gr cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder → 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 40 gm. corn oil →20 gr corn oil
  • I also add 1 Tbsp sweet condensed milk
  • powdered sugar for dusting

For filling and garnish:

  • whipped cream with rose flavor
  • rose jam and some dried rose flower tea.

Method:

(1) Pre heat oven on 200 deg C. Prepare your baking tray (30 x 23 x 4 cm) line with parchment paper ( about 2 cm over the edge), set a side. With electric mixer whisk egg white until foamy, add in powdered sugar gradually. Continue whisk until soft peak.

(2) Whisk in the egg yolk one by one into egg white, follow by sweet condensed milk while still mixing. Then whisk in rose flavor and food color, continue beating for another 3 or 4 minutes.

(3) Turn off your mixer, sift in the flour and baking powder. Fold to combine then followed by corn oil. pour into prepared baking tray and bake at 200 C for about 10 to 13 mins.

(4) Meanwhile prepare another parchment paper (slightly larger than your tray) and dust with powdered sugar. When your cake is done,take out from oven then immediately invert to dusting parchment paper, remove the baking paper from cake surface, then carefully roll it. Let it to cool for about 30 minutes.

(5) Carefully unroll your cake, spread whipped cream and rose jam onto the cooled swiss roll and roll it again tightly. I keep in fridge for 1 hour before cutting and serve.

Dust your swiss roll with icing sugar and garnish with remaining whipped cream and dried rose tea.
We enjoy our swiss roll cake with rose tea herb... It's a perfect weekend indeed (^,^)

loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected