♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Red Velvet "Yogurt Cheese" Swirl Brownies for #nccbrowniesweek

I looovvveeee brownies ( who doesn't?) ... and more even I love red velvet.... I don't know, I kinda admire those red velvet color on my dessert... so pretty and yet appetites .. Don't you thing so?

Beside this Red Velvet brownies you can check my previous post with this adorable red velvet. I had made Steamed Red Velvet brownies with cream cheese topping, check it here.
And not so long ago I also made Red Velvet cake for my wedding anniversary, you can check that post here.

And my post today is Red Velvet Brownies with Cheese Swirl. Beside my craze about Red Velvet...I made this brownies also to join and celebrate "Natural Cooking Club (NCC) Brownies Week"

A little about NCC Indonesia, it's a club and forum for all culinary lovers. The group mainly in Indonesian language, but if you want to join, it also open for you with English language. I heard about this group from long time ago before I dare to join it lately. 

They have many great culinary events which dare your baking and cooking addict become more fun. And this month they have Brownies Week event that I eagerly join to ^,^
Please do check other members' post for this Brownies event here.


Now, let's talk about my red velvet brownies. For the brownies recipe I adapted from here and for the swirl cheese I use my homemade "yogurt cheese" and make a little modification. To have "yogurt cheese" you can drain/ strain one or two cups of thick yogurt a day before (or at least over night). You can check my other post using this yogurt cheese in my previous post: Yogurt Cheese souffle, Yogurt Cheesecake, Three tone yogurt "cheese" Chocolate mousse... and wait..I'll have more experiment with this healthy "cheese" ^,^

Note: For bigger batch of this yogurt cheese you need to drain plain thick yogurt to separate the water (whey) in cheesecloth-lined strainer for at least 24 hours before. From 1 kg yogurt I get about 860 ~ 900 gr drained yogurt 'Cheese' (it depends the thickness of yogurt you use)




And here the recipe:

For Red Velvet Brownies:
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 stick or 115 gr unsalted butter --> I use salted butter, so I skip the salt
  • 200 gr granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract --> I use 1 tsp Vanilla essence
  • 21 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt --> I skip
  • 1 Tablespoon liquid or gel red food coloring --> I use 1 Tbsp liquid red food color
  • 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar 
  • 95 gr all-purpose flour
 For "yogurt cheese" swirl layer:
  • 135 gr strained yogurt
  • 60 gr powdered sugar
  • 1 egg yolk (from 1 big size egg)
  • vanilla essence
Blend together the  yogurt cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl.

How to make:

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.

Prepare your 8 x 8-inch baking pan (I use 25 x 20 cm), layer with baking paper and set aside.

In a saucepan on medium heat melt the butter. Remove the butter to a large bowl and add the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, in that order, mixing between additions.


Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and stir it into the cocoa mix. Fold in the flour until lightly combined, Do not over mix. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, saving 1/4 cup of the batter for the top.

Gently spread the yogurt cheese cream layer on top of the brownie batter in the pan. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Using a skewer or the tip of a knife, drag the tip through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern. Bake the brownies for 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting.
Enjoy (^,^)

Update (24th Nov 2014)
And yippyyy.....! finally I got the badge to put on my page.... (^_^)



loading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected