♥♥ When two Cultures mixed (。◕‿◕。) Everything in my Page are only simple thing, but I did it with great love.

Dolmalık Bulgur (Stuffed Bell pepper with Bulgur) serve with Yogurt Salad

Dolma is stuffed vegetable dishes in the cuisines of the former Ottoman Empire and surrounding regions such as Russia, Middle East, and the Caucasus, and Central and South Asia. Perhaps the best-known is the grape-leaf dolma (yaprak sarması). Common vegetables to stuff include onion, zucchini, eggplant, tomato, and pepper. The stuffing may or may not include meat. Meat dolma is generally served warm, often with sauce; meatless ones are generally served cold and often eaten with yogurt.

One of traditional Turkish meal which daily served on Turkish' family dinner table. Experience Turkish flavor by making it in your kitchen


Ingredients
Filling:
 8 ~ 9 medium bell pepper (any color you have)
 2 medium size onion, grated
 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
 ± 150 g minced beef
 
1 ½ cup fine bulgur
 2 tablespoons olive oil
 2 tsp cumin powder
 1 tsp pepper powder
 2 teaspoon red sweet pepper powder
 2 tsp cayenne powder
 2 tsp salt or to taste
 tomatoes for topping, slices


For the sauce:
 2 medium tomatoes, grated
 1 tbsp tomato paste or chili paste
 1 ½ cup hot water
 A little salt



method:
A) In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients (except bell pepper and tomatoes for topping). Knead until well blended. Test the taste.
B) Seeded bell pepper (as shown), sprinkle with fine salt. Then prick the bottom of those bell pepper once with a knife. Fill with stuffing mixture and cover the top with tomato slices (as shown). Arrange in pan with lid.

C) Combine all sauce ingredients and pour over the Dolma. Cook over medium heat until cooked about 20 ~ 25 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm with yogurt salad


How to make yogurt salad:

• 1 large cucumber, finely cubed
• 1 handful fresh mint, finely chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried mint)
• 1 handful of parsley or dill, finely chopped
• 2 ~ 3 tbsp thick plain yogurt
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Pinch of salt
Mix all salad ingredients and mix well. Serve cold or room temperature.



loading...

5 comments:

  1. Citra,

    I havent been here for more than 2 weeks! LOL.. really miss reading ur blog. The internet connection was erratic, but now, it's back to normal.

    I havent done the task that you gave me. I know.. I'm such a bad friend. I'll complete it soonest possible :D

    ps : I think I'll cook dolmalik bulgur tomorrow. Maybe i'll substitute minced beef with minced lamb. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tq citra fr sharing...
    another dish fr ur turkish kitchen :)
    loves the idea about the yoghurt and the bellpaper, I want to dip-dip right now! Haha ha!
    the yoghurt salad is just refreshing and yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I have 3 bell peppers I don't know what to do with besides salad and more salad. So colorful! And I love the yogurt to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. stuffed bell pepper is popular here too,your version is more interesting ingredients add bulgur and more spices,sure is taste Yummy,,and the yogurt salad is tempting meI love yogurt :)
    Ridwan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does remind me of home! Though I prefer my dolma with rice instead of bulgur...I think it's just a texture thing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Loving my blog? Please help me to share to your friends and tell to the world that my blog contents are valuable and interesting to visit. Subscribe or follow my Facebook, Tweeter, Pinterest or my instagram

My License

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License. www.myhomediaryinturkey.blogspot.com

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected